Today we are discussing about Introduction to Android, Architecture of Android, Android Software Developing Kit(Android SDK)– Android Studio and it’s basic working.
Android is a Linux based operating system initially meant to redefine the possibilities of Camera.
Andy Rubin, Nick sears, Chris white and Rick Miner founded Android Inc. in 2003 and Google in 2005 acquires Android, with OHA(Open Handset Alliance) launches first Android OS based HTC mobile in 2008, and it’s been on booming ever since.
Architecture of Android :
Architecture of Android(or Android software stack):-
2.Native libraries (middleware),
Android open source Software:
Known as Android studio-is a SDK(Software development kit) which let anyone with the knowledge of Basic Java and XML to built their own App.
Android Studio is a Software in which an android developer works on:-
- XML Document used to develop User Interface (front-end) of the App.
- Back-end programming for mechanics behind any App usually Java language and you can use other language as well C/C++ or Kotlin.
- Manifest file handles the activity (Sequence,nature,etc) and for permissions (Utility,Camera,etc).
- Gradle is a file which lets an android developer to sync open-source and third-party libraries.
- Drawable & Mipmap files lets an android developer to store images of fixed dpi and anydpi (using Xml) to use as image and vector asset.
Youc can download android Studio by clicking here Android Studio.
Components of Android:-
Components is simply a code with a well-defined life-cycle(Activity receiver, Services,etc).Few Android components are listed below:
- Activity:-It is what we see on the screen which follows some Callbacks governing a life-cycle ; Frame in awt/swing(Java).
- View:- It is an User Interface element such(Button, Edit text,etc).
- Intent:- It’s job is to invoke components such as Activity, View, etc.
- Service:- Services are Local and remote – a long background process(internet access, Activity receiver,etc).
- Content Providers:- Used for content sharing between applications.
- Manifest file:- handle’s activity (Sequence,nature,etc) and used for permissions (utility,Camera,etc).
- Android Virtual Device:- It is an emulator which is used to create virtual devices like mobile, TV, etc.